[rules-users] Drools basic questions.

Mithun mithun.gooty at spi.com
Thu May 17 02:13:57 EDT 2007

hi all,

I am new to Drools, so i have some basic questions. I am sorry if my
questions sound silly. Please help.

1. What does it mean when you prefix a variable with a dollar sign in a .drl
file? If possible give a simple example please.
2. Please explain the following line of code:
    - Person( likes : favouriteCheese )
    This is my understanding of the above code.
           - 'favouriteCheese' is a global variable which we are assingining
to 'likes' and an object of type 'Person' is created
             by seding 'likes' as a paramerter to the constructor. Please
correct me if i am wrong. Thank you.