[rules-users] Checking Attributes of objects contained within other ones

Ronald R. DiFrango ron.difrango at gmail.com
Thu May 17 15:27:12 EDT 2007

All,

I want to do the following:

CmAdjustment( status != "Full Match", adjCmNumber : cmNumber, adjCmQuantity
: availableQuantity, originalRepaymentCode.tolPercent ==
Constants.ACCEPT_ALL)

But it seems like I can not inspect the attributes of class that is
contained within the top level one that is passed into working memory.

Is utilizing eval my only option or are there others?  I was thinking
something like the following:

CmAdjustment( status != "Full Match", adjCmNumber : cmNumber, adjCmQuantity
: availableQuantity, repayCode: originalRepaymentCode)
eval(repayCode.tolPercent == Constants.ACCEPT_ALL)

The problem I see with this is performance as I have large data sets and a
fairly large rule set.

Thanks,

Ron