[rules-users] using homemade Date in Drools

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Mon May 21 11:33:40 EDT 2007

Beat me to it - work always gets in the way ;-)

I was thinking of using return value operator within a predicate though:-

rule XXX
when
   obj1 : A( $date1: mydate)
   obj2 : A( $date2: mydate -> ($date1.isBefore($date2)) )
then
   // something
   obj1.doSomething();
End

Evals should not really be used unless you really do not have any other option. They cannot be optimissed in the RETE network and hence will run slower than predicates.

With kind regards,

Mike