[rules-users] Example for using globals in Drools3.0.6

Joj jojpm at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 02:15:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

In the document, its written that "They are typically used to return data"
under globals section. How can I return a global value to the calling
method? In other words, how can I receive it in Java code? Can anybody
explain with a simple example?

And please identify the changes required if I need to get the value of
global in the example below:

global String status

rule "FindStatus"
    when
        student: Student ( mark >= 50 )
    then
        status = "passed";
end

In this case, there's no need of a global variable, I know. But, anyway, how
can I get its value on the calling method?

Thanks in advance,
Jojan