[rules-users] Re: How and when are objects released in Stateless Session

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Nov 19 10:59:46 EST 2007

Arjun Dhar wrote:
>> You cannot insert data over time into a stateless session, all data is
>> added at the same time. When the engine has finished processing it w ill
>> return and is finished, at this point as soon as the stateless session
>> is available for garbage collection the objects will be removed. There
>> is no life cycle other than the standard GC one.
>>

>> Shadows are created on non-final classes unless you tell the system not
>> to, if you are sure you don't need them you can turn them off. They can
>> be turned of for all object, or specific objectsor packages.
>>

>> no.
>>

> Am sorry I got confused with the statement "All data is added at the same time.
> When engine has finshed processing it will return finish" --> Isn't this
> applicable for a single "execute" only?

Each time you call execute(....) the previous inserted data references
are nulled and thus able to GC. If you lose the referene to the stateless
session, that too is nulled and GCd. Look at the code, that will easiest
help you understand:
http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/JBossRules/branches/Branch_4_0_2_SOA_4_2/drools-core/src/main/java/org/drools/reteoo/ReteooStatelessSession.java?r=HEAD