[rules-users] RE:update is not working properly

Sikkandar Nawabjan Sikkandar.Nawabjan at ust-global.com
Mon Nov 26 23:40:48 EST 2007

Hi,

This exception is not throwing very often. Occasionally i got this FactException . Is it because of another rule/Fact? i have the following rule also

 rule "check created error"

 dialect "mvel"

 salience 100000

 no-loop true

 when

      $add:Address(continent=="asia")

 then
    retract( $add)

can't a drl file contain both update and retract together? if both rules satisfy the facts  what will happen for the handle?

Thanks and Regs,

Basha

Sikkandar Nawabjan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have rule like this
>
> rule "Update Id"
>
> dialect "mvel"
>
> salience 100000
>
> no-loop true
>
> when
>
>      $add:Address(name=="india")
>
> then
>
> $add.setId("100");
>
> update($add)
>
> end

That should work, its a fairly trivial use case, so I'm very surprised
it doesn't.... If you are suare this isn't working for you, can you open
a jira  with a minimal self contained test project showing  the error.