[rules-users] JBRMS persistence

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Nov 28 04:38:38 EST 2007

We use our own API which currently only has a jackrabbit impl - although
note that jackrabbit can have several backend types from disk, to memory
to database, where is even a hibernate persistence store. Creating a JCR
like implementation is a lot of work, we chose jackrabbit as it is
opensource and a standard and provides much of what we need out of the
box - why spend a month or three creating something that is like JCR but
is implemented with hibernate instead of just just using JCR? So in
reality our choice for JackRabbit is about time and leveraging what is
available, as there are no clear alternatives out there. That does not
mean we are against an alternative backend store, indeed Mic is mucking
around with a Scala implementation, we wrote against our own API exactly
so that we could replace JCR if we ever deemed it necessary. If someone
was to make a better backend for us, we would consider using it.

Mark