[rules-users] Get compiled Java Code of Rules

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Nov 28 09:26:23 EST 2007

Markus Helbig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any possibility to get the compiled java code of the rules
> ... could be helpful for several reasons ...

There is no public api for this. If you are adventurous you can use the
internal stuff
PackageCompilatData data = pkg.getPackageCompilationData(); // gets the
internal data store
List list = data.list() // returns the list of files
Byte[] bytes = data.read( (String) list.get(0) ) // get the bytecode for
the first file in the list
data.write( name, bytes ) // replace existing bytecode with new bytecode

Doing the write action will also wire up the byte[] to the Rete network,
so you can actually use this to hotswap consequence etc. But I must
stress this is voodoo stuff and your on your own and the api could
change at any time :)