[rules-users] Hibernate

Peter Mikula peter.mikula at digital-artefacts.fi
Mon Oct 1 04:37:00 EDT 2007

Heyns, Juan wrote:
> Thanks for the reply... I will give this a go. Has ShadowProxyUtils been
> introduced in 4.0.1, I didn't get this behavior in 4.0...

  I was getting the exception for both versions, it happened always when
  I have iterated over the collection in the "then" part.

> It is quite imperative that I get this working, since our project
> depends on Hibernate and Drools. Should we create a JIRA for this?

  Beware that you should treat the persistent collections as immutable
  if you want to use the submitted patch.

PS: checking the manual again I have discovered that there were
  already done some improvements. You can control shadow proxying with

     drools.shadowProxy = false

     drools.shadowproxy.exclude = org.domainy.* org.domainx.ClassZ

  so there is not much use for that patch.

--
  pm