[rules-users] Compilation time while debugging in 4.0.3

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri Oct 26 11:13:36 EDT 2007

Chris Woodrow wrote:
> Hi,
> Since we have moved to 4.0.3 (from 4.0.0), while runtime haven't
> sensibly changed, compilation time during debugging (I mean the call
> of "addPackageFromDrl") takes really long, about 10 times what it use
> to take, the only visible difference is the appearance of "Source
> before MVEL Compilation:" in the output.
> I am the only one to face this issue?
This is something I noticed, not sure why its doing it. It only happens
on initial startup of the debug session, right? We looked into it
briefly and couldn't figure out what it is, but I believe its related to
dialect initialisation. It only happens if you have both MVEL and a Java
dialect rules in the same drl file.