[rules-users] Anybody using Drools 4.0 with approximate string matching?

Irving Reid irving at cfrq.net
Mon Sep 3 22:35:16 EDT 2007

I have a use case where we'd like to match free text strings, with words sometimes spelled incorrectly. Has anyone tried Drools with an approximate string matcher (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Approximate_string_matching)?

I know that I can use regular expressions to match some common spelling errors, but it would be way cool to use an algorithm that doesn't need to have all the possible errors programmed in beforehand.

 - irving -