[rules-users] stateless session getQueryResults

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sat Sep 8 20:57:33 EDT 2007

Is anyone using StatelessSession.getQueryResults(). Realised that it was
a mistake adding that. the idea of StatelessSessionResult is you have
something that is potentially serialisable. To execute that method then
you have to have a refernce to the entire WorkingMemory and that must
reference the RuleBase, so it suddenly makes that a little heavy. I'm
thinking of removing that method and also combining it with the ability
to specify only which inserted objects and set globals are exported as
part of a StatelessSessionResult, if not specified all inserted objects
will be made available and no globals.

I'm not sure that querries make any sense on a stateless session anyway,
only stateful.

This is an API change (removing getQueryResult), and if people are using
it I will leave as is, but I'm not sure if anyone will be using that
anyway. What do people think?

Mark