[rules-users] probliem in using "in" and "not in" operator in drool file.

Gaurav2007 gaurav.a.joshi at capgemini.com
Tue Sep 11 06:00:13 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I am using drool4.0.1 in my application,

I have one map in global memory this map contains mapping of id and value,i
want to validate these values.

but when i am using in and not in rule like:

eval(validatorMap.get("name")  not in("amit","siddhartha"))

where validatorMap is a map of id and value inserted in global memory.

it is giving following error:
org.drools.rule.InvalidRulePackage: Rule Compilation error : [Rule
name=Short Name, agendaGroup=MAIN, salience=0, no-loop=false]
	com/telekurs/nva/mde/fe/ak/validation/Rule_Short_Name_0.java (8:330) : The
left-hand side of an assignment must be a variable
	com/telekurs/nva/mde/fe/ak/validation/Rule_Short_Name_0.java (8:357) :
Syntax error on token "not", invalid AssignmentOperator

please help me how to validate value from a map using in and not in operator
of drool.

Thanks.