[rules-users] How to use not operator in drool.

Tim.Nguyen at expeditors.com Tim.Nguyen at expeditors.com
Wed Sep 12 12:05:19 EDT 2007

I thought when you use eval, it is Java, not mvel. So i think this should
work:   eval (! (Map (.....

Tim

             Gaurav2007
             <gaurav.a.joshi at c
             apgemini.com>                                              To
             Sent by:                  rules-users at lists.jboss.org
             rules-users-bounc                                          cc
             es at lists.jboss.or
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [rules-users] How to use not
                                       operator in drool.
             09/12/2007 08:49
             AM

             Please respond to
             Rules Users List
             <rules-users at list
               s.jboss.org>

Hi ALL,

I am using drool4.0.1 in my application i am able to use IN,OR,AND operator
but i am facing problem in using not operator.

my requirement of not operator is just like a not gate.

the way i am using it is :

eval(not((Map( this["city"] !="mumbai"))||(Map( this["city"] =="delhi"))))

so can you please help me out to solve this problem:
should i use not operator or some thing else in drool.

Thanks,