[rules-users] java void in LHS

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Thu Sep 13 03:46:05 EDT 2007

I'd assume you need two rules:-

rule test123a
    when
	$c : Cheese()
	$ct : CheeseType(cheese = $c)
    then
	$ct.setPrice("cheap");
	update($ct);
end

rule test123b
    when
	$c : Cheese( type = "myType" )
	CheeseType(cheese = $c, price = "cheap" )

Java dialect doesn't support object graphs - I think MVEL does but I'm
unfamilair with the syntax.

You could also replace the two patterns (one for Cheese and the other
CheeseType) with an eval but you'll loose performance.

Forgive me if I'm wrong and this is 3.0.x and not 4.0.x.

With kind regards,

Mike