[rules-users] Tomcat 6 -Axis2 1.3

Carlsen, Len len.carlsen at ubc.ca
Mon Sep 17 23:08:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a web service that uses Drools 4.0.1 to Tomcat 6
and Axis2 1.3. Does anybody know how to do this on Tomcat 6/Axis2.

I have tried to place all the drools' jars (and its dependencies) in the
axis2 lib directory but I keep getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
for all my fact objects. I have even tried to use the
org.drools.rule.MapBackedClassLoader to load all my fact objects
manually like it's done in BRMSPackageBuilder without any luck.  The
only way to get the web service to work is to put my fact objects in the
axis2 lib directory. One thing I haven't tried is to compiled all the
rules to Java and then deploy those with my web service.

Has anyone done this before or have any suggestions on how to get the
drools compiler to find fact objects on Tomcat/Axis2?

Thanks very much,

Len Carlsen