[rules-users] ruleflow-group

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Sep 20 10:30:34 EDT 2007

> inside the RuleFlow editor I have to enter the RuleFlowGroup below
> the name in the properties view but I have no informations about all the
> RuleFlowGroups used inside the .drl's.

Currently, we kind of assume that, when you are using a ruleflow to describe
the order in which sets of rules should be executed, you know the names of
those sets of rules (= ruleflow-groups).

There are currently no plans on providing context assist for the
ruleflow-group property, as there are potential problems with that approach
as well: some people might want to define their ruleflow before their rules,
and it might easily become quite useless in large projects with a lot of
ruleflow-groups.

Being able to get an overview of all current ruleflow-groups and the rules
they contain is a good idea however.  I think we can extends the RulesView
so that it supports sorting not only based on package but for example also
on ruleflow-group.  I welcome everyone who would like to make this small
contribution to this open-source project ;)

Kris