[rules-users] BRMS Problem on Tomcat

Carlsen, Len len.carlsen at ubc.ca
Fri Sep 21 18:52:15 EDT 2007

I got the BRMS working on Tomcat 6.0.13 but I still can't get Drools
compiler to work under Tomcat 6.0.13/Axis2 1.3. Some sort of Classloader
issue under Axis2 1.3.

Drools BRMS on Tomcat 6

1. Copy the following jars from the JBoss Web server lib directory into
the Tomcat lib:
commons-beanutils.jar
commons-codec.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-digester-1.6.jar
commons-lang-2.1.jar
commons-logging.jar

2. Copy the following files from JBoss Web server
server\default\deploy\jbossweb.sar\jsf-libs to the Tomcat lib
jstl.jar
myfaces-api.jar
myfaces-impl.jar

2. Copy the following files from JBoss Web server
server\default\deploy\jbossweb.sar to the Tomcat lib
commons-el.jar

2. Create an "endorsed" directory under the root of Tomcat and copy the
following files from the JBoss web server endorsed directory into it:
resolver.jar
serializer.jar
xalan.jar
xercesImpl.jar
xml-apis.jar

3. Remove the following jars from webapps/drools-jbrms/WEB-INF/lib:
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
el-api-1.2.jar

I haven't tried to see if the Drools compiler works in the BRMS, though.

Hope this helps,

Len