[rules-users] drools cannot be resolved

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Sat Sep 22 11:28:48 EDT 2007

   Raffaele,

   The LHS of a rule should have no "side effects", like creating the list.
That is because the engine may fire the rule any time it is best suited to
fire and we shouldn't try to control that. You will also lose expressiveness
doing such things.
   My advice for you is to rethink your rules, maybe creating multiple rules
if it is the case, having in mind that the LHS of a rule is a pattern
matching condition saying "when" the rule should fire, and only the RHS of
the rules should execute any real action.

    Hope it helps,
      Edson

2007/9/22, Raffaele Viola <raffovi at gmail.com>:

> In the statoNodo.variabiliInOR(drools.getRule().getName(),$param) called
> in the condition part of the rule creates a list using $param that I add in
> the consequences part to another object called Azione.
>
> At the end Azione must contains the list created using the $param of is
> own row.
>
> But so far I have no solution
> Thanks
> Raffo
>
> 2007/9/22, Edson Tirelli <tirelli at post.com>:
> >

> >     Because the "drools" variable is only available in consequences.
> > What are you trying to do?
> >
> >     []s
> >     Edson
> >
> > 2007/9/22, Raffaele Viola < raffovi at gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > why if I set in the condition
> > >
> > > eval(statoNodo.variabiliInOR(drools.getRule().getName()))
> > > I get the error
> > > drools cannot be resolved??
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Raffo

> > --
> >   Edson Tirelli
> >   Software Engineer - JBoss Rules Core Developer
> >   Office: +55 11 3529-6000
> >   Mobile: +55 11 9287-5646
> >   JBoss, a division of Red Hat @ www.jboss.com

  Edson Tirelli