[rules-users] BRMS and IDE

ekke ekkehard at gentz-software.de
Mon Sep 24 06:22:31 EDT 2007

I did some first tests with BRMS and also with the IDE editors,
I like the features of BRMS like Categories and I like it to use a web
interface,
so Business users can take a look at the rules and verify them

developing of the rules is much easier using the eclipse editors with
context-assist, so I'm thinking about "how to combine it"
perhaps I misunderstood the concept, here's what I read from the docs:

I can import drls into BRMS, so this would be for the "first shot",
then I can modify and categorize them and change the status from
draft to reviewed or so

in my application I can use an Agent to get the changes from BRMS
automatically, but there seems no way to push new drls or changed
drls from the IDE into the BRMS - the only I've seen is to import single
drls into BRMS

any thoughts or ideas ?

thx - ekke