[rules-users] eval() not working in Spring environment

Sankar sankar.laks at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 08:22:50 EDT 2007

Hello Brian,

I tried the same example in Spring, using the spring modules
https://springmodules.dev.java.net/ JSR 94. It works fine...

Regards,
Sankar S

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:07:54 +0000 (UTC)
From: Brian Enderle <brianke at gmail.com>
Subject: [rules-users] eval() not working in Spring environment
To: rules-users at lists.jboss.org

I am not sure where exactly this problem lies but I can create the following

rule in a Drools project and have it execute as expected but when i use the
exact same rule in my Spring application/environment it does not work.

Within DroolsTest.java:

   Boolean performCheck = new Boolean("true");
   statefulSession.setGlobal("performCheck", performCheck);

Within the rule file:

   global java.lang.Boolean performCheck;

   rule "Display if true"
      when
         eval(performCheck)
      then
         System.out.println(performCheck);
   end

When I run DroolsTest I get the output of 'true', the value of performCheck,

as I would expect.  When I use the same rule in my Spring environment the
rule
fails to execute.  I know the gloabl is getting to the rule with a value
of "true" as I have a second rule which always fires and reports the value
of
performCheck.

Has anyone ever experienced this and if so did you find any solution?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Enderle