[rules-users] Modify() block in decision tables?

Irving Reid irving at cfrq.net
Mon Apr 14 12:09:58 EDT 2008

I have a bunch of decision tables with two columns of action, like:

RuleSet

ED_Notification

Import

...Visit

RuleTable Triggers

CONDITION

CONDITION

ACTION

ACTION

$visit:Visit

Facility

age >= $1, age <= 115

$visit.setTriggerStatus($param);

$visit.setRuleTriggered($param);

4116

70

Over_70

4166

80

New

Over_80

Note that not every row has an entry in the first ACTION column.

Is there any way to get the spreadsheet compiler to put all the ACTION columns into a modify() block, or some other equivalent construct, so that the changes to the visit object get propagated?

I’ve tried making by ACTIONS be:

modifyRetract($visit);$visit.setTriggerStatus($param)

and

$visit.setRuleTriggered($param);modifyInsert($visit);

But when there’s no value in the first ACTION column, the compiler doesn’t put in the retract. I suppose I could wrap each of the actions in a modify() block, but I’m concerned about the performance of taking every object in and out of the working memory twice.

 - irving -