[rules-users] To insert facts or use the find clause?

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Fri Apr 18 05:05:30 EDT 2008

Don't ask me to explain why but the Drools team always recommend flattening
hierarchies before inserting into WM ;-)

I *think* this allows for individual facts' properties to be indexed in the
RETE network thus affording a performance increase.

I guess there's also implications to do with truth maintenance whereby
objects accessed using "from" should be time-constant.

My 2c's worth; I'm sure Edson, Mark, Michael et al will elaborate.

Cheers,

Mike