[rules-users] Re: Is this scenario suitable for using Drools?

Steven Williams stevearoonie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 04:06:48 EDT 2008

change DBUtils to return a Collection and it should work I think.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 5:50 PM, Anstis, Michael (M.) <manstis1 at ford.com>
wrote:

>  So, in my usual helpful manner I thought Drools would be a perfect match
> and put together what I thought would be a simple example:-
>
> package com.sample
>
> global com.sample.DBUtils dbutils;
> rule "a1"
>     when
>         $max : Integer() from accumulate( Integer( $v : intValue ) from
> dbutils.getNumbers(), max($v) )
>     then
>         System.out.println($max);
> end
>

> public class DBUtils {
>
>     public Integer[] getNumbers() {
>
>         Integer[] numbers = new Integer[10];
>         for (int i = 0; i < numbers.length; i++) {
>             numbers[i] = (int) (Math.random() * 100);
>         }
>         return numbers;
>     }
> }
>
> However this led to some errors:-
>
> org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException: java.lang.ClassCastException:
> [Ljava.lang.Integer; incompatible with java.lang.Integer
>  at org.drools.rule.Accumulate.accumulate(Accumulate.java:131)
>  at org.drools.reteoo.AccumulateNode.assertTuple(AccumulateNode.java:127)
>  at
> org.drools.reteoo.CompositeTupleSinkAdapter.createAndPropagateAssertTuple(CompositeTupleSinkAdapter.java:73)
>  at
> org.drools.reteoo.LeftInputAdapterNode.assertObject(LeftInputAdapterNode.java:116)
>  at
> org.drools.reteoo.SingleObjectSinkAdapter.propagateAssertObject(SingleObjectSinkAdapter.java:22)
>  at org.drools.reteoo.ObjectTypeNode.assertObject(ObjectTypeNode.java:153)
>  at org.drools.reteoo.Rete.assertObject(Rete.java:177)
>  at org.drools.reteoo.ReteooRuleBase.assertObject(ReteooRuleBase.java:192)
>  at
> org.drools.reteoo.ReteooWorkingMemory$WorkingMemoryReteAssertAction.execute(ReteooWorkingMemory.java:179)
>  at
> org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.executeQueuedActions(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:1292)
>  at
> org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.insert(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:891)
>  at
> org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.insert(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:858)
>  at
> org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.insert(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:659)
>  at com.sample.DroolsTest.main(DroolsTest.java:36)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: [Ljava.lang.Integer; incompatible
> with java.lang.Integer
>  at
> org.drools.base.java.lang.Integer968047027$intValue.getIntValue(Unknown
> Source)
>  at
> org.drools.base.ClassFieldExtractor.getIntValue(ClassFieldExtractor.java:197)
>  at org.drools.rule.Declaration.getIntValue(Declaration.java:230)
>  at
> [...]

Steven Williams

Supervising Consultant

Object Consulting
Office: 8615 4500 Mob: 0439 898 668 Fax: 8615 4501
steven.williams at objectconsulting.com.au
www.objectconsulting.com.au

consulting | development | training | support
our experience makes the difference