[rules-users] RuleBase relation with working memory

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Mon Apr 28 10:42:12 EDT 2008

It will occur whenever you (the developer) make it occur.

I guess Rulebase is the RETE network (without memory nodes) and the WM's are
in essence the RETE network memory nodes.

This is my interpretation of their roles.

Here's an example:-

Rulebase
--------
RuleBase ruleBase = RuleBaseFactory.newRuleBase();
ruleBase.addPackage(pkg);

Working Memory
WorkingMemory wm1 = ruleBase.newStatefulSession();
WorkingMemory wm2 = ruleBase.newStatefulSession();
WorkingMemory wm3 = ruleBase.newStatefulSession();
WorkingMemory wm4 = ruleBase.newStatefulSession();

Rulebase 1:n.