[rules-users] Compiling .drl files inside of a JUnit test

Ron Kneusel oneelkruns at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 1 15:10:15 EDT 2008

Mark Proctor wrote:

>You don't have your DRLs in the correct location, our DRLs mirror the path of the class that is loading them via getClass().getResourceAsStream():
>http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools-compiler/src/test/resources/org/drools/integrationtests/
>It just does a loadClass on the classLoader, as long as your classes are in the classpath it will find them.

So, when the compiler is compiling the rules file, it will "inherit" the classpath from Eclipse?  Or it should?  To me, the key is your phrase "as long as your classes are in the classpath".  As far as Eclipse is concerned they are, but what classpath is used by the compiler of the .drl file?

There is an entire complex directory structure to the project and the unit tests are in one directory which is far removed from the source for the classes yet when other unit tests run, they see everything as expected, which my test class extending TestCase also sees, but not the compiler compiling the .drl file.

Apologies for being so slow with this but I'm learning Java and Drools at the same time, not an ideal situation.  Thanks for the help!

Ron