[rules-users] Drools vs Business Logic

Harsh Jetly Harsh.Jetly at lntinfotech.com
Fri Aug 8 03:17:40 EDT 2008

Hi ,

Firstly I would like to apologize for sending the same question to both the
mailing lists and sending it multiple number of times. I assure you , it
shall not happen again .

I am using version 4.0.4 of drools . I have a basic question :
If we compare a rule engine to code written within the application , which
would prove to be faster .
I know about the rete algorithm and concepts of node sharing and caching .
Another question that I have is , in which situation will Drools be best
suited ?

Thanks a ton
Harsh Jetly

Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
www.Lntinfotech.com

This Document is classified as:

|------|
| [X]  |
|------|L&T Infotech Proprietary   |------|
                                   | [ ]  |
                                   |------|L&T Infotech Confidential   |------|
                                                                       | [ ]  |
                                                                       |------|
L&T Infotech Internal Use Only   |------|
                                 | [ ]  |
                                 |------|L&T Infotech General Business

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from
your system.