[rules-users] Caching RuleBase in Drools

Ingomar Otter iotter at mac.com
Mon Aug 11 09:30:48 EDT 2008

 >" Typically, a rulebase would be generated and cached on first use;
to save
 >on the continually re-generation of the Rule Base; which is
expensive."
Read:   Cache the rulebase (the rulebase object) with a Cache
mechanism of your choice.

AFAIK there is no dedicated caching mechanism in Drools per se.
This makes sense, otherwise the next person would look for cache
distribution, cache synchronization in a cluster. A can of worms that
should not be touched.

For example we use JBOSS TreeCache and are happy with it. This may be
overkill, simpler implementations  like oscache may just be fine - all
depends on your requirements and deployment situation.

Cheers,
   Ingomar