[rules-users] Salience not being considered in DSL

Ingomar Otter iotter at mac.com
Mon Aug 11 09:49:30 EDT 2008

Hello Harsh,
 >The problem I am facing is that the salience specified in the drl is
not
 >being used.
Please elaborate, this is a too general question. So the salience is
present in the generated drl?

Salience  (by default)  defines the execution order of those  rules
which are activated (=their LHS is true). If rules changes facts which
causes other rules to activate (which is just fine) you may see a
different order of rules firing.  A good way to understand what's
going on inside is the Audit View in Eclipse. Have/can you try this?

-Ingomar