[rules-users] Max packages

Joe White Joe.White at recondotech.com
Tue Aug 12 16:41:21 EDT 2008

Can someone help me understand the relationship between the number of
Packages in a single RuleBase and PermGen memory consumption? I have a
test that generates  200 rules and then adds those rules as different
packages to a single rule base. PermGen consumption grows near linearly
with the addition of Packages to the rule base and on a default PermGen
setting the JVM runs out of PermGen after about 120 packages.

Is every new Package and RuleBase backed by a set of generated Classes?
Is there a way to get around the amount of class generation that is
taking place?

The test has been run against Drools 5.

Thank you for your help,

Joe