[rules-users] How do I assign a local variable from a function call?

samd sdoyle_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 14:31:12 EDT 2008

All I want to do is something simple like the following:

$changedList: java.util.List( ) from getChangedList( $x, $y );

Then in the same .drl file a function something like:

function List getChangedList( $x, $y )
{
    return JavaClass.staticDoSomethingToGetListMethod( $x, $y);
}

I have tried doing this and I get:

Unable to build expression for 'from' node 'getChangedList( $x, $y)'

It looks like there is supposed to be something in between the from and the
function? I have been looking for examples for something like this and have
not found any.

Thanks