[rules-users] Are rule-contents testable ?

Adhikari, Ram Ram_Adhikari at intuit.com
Mon Aug 25 01:21:05 EDT 2008

Hi All,

            I've been playing with BRMS (4.x) for some time & found it
very interesting & useful. Wondering if the BRMS system has (or if
there's plan in 5.x) testing infrastructure for rules. Before I actually
create a snapshot (and make the rules available to the clients), it
would be nice to have a "playground" where I can simulate some of the
scenarios & validate if the rule-contents are getting executed the way i
want them to be.  Given that the rule definitions are actually parsed by
the system (drl file grammar), it should be possible to automatically
generate test cases that can walk through different blocks in the rule
definition. Also, generation of test data should not be tough.

Thanks,

-ram