[rules-users] TypeDeclaration - POJO or TEMPLATE?

Stephen Kestle stephen.kestle at orionhealth.com
Wed Aug 27 00:29:43 EDT 2008

I'm creating a type hierarchy using TypeDeclarations based on an
ontological model (analagous to an xml schema for the purposes of this
post).

If I declare a drl file to have the following declarations

declare Address
   line1 : String
   line2 : String
end

declare Person
  name : String
  age : int
  address : Address
end

it will create Java Pojo classes for me.  However, I had it all working
using fact templates, except for the address item.  Is it possible to
insert fact implementations based on templates, while declaring
TypeDeclarations in the drl?  (I now go to look for how to specify the
format = TEMPLATE for the drl)

I say this because I'm looking up values using id strings - e.g. the
exact same way that FactTemplate based Facts does accessing.  I don't
want to have to convert all my String ids to reflectively call the set
methods on the created Pojo.

Hopefully this is enough info for you 5.0 developers - I'm still trying
to wrap my head around it all.

Cheers

Stephen