[rules-users] Proper termination of a CommandService

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Wed Dec 3 11:33:55 EST 2008

The life cycle of the command service is under user control, so you can decide yourself when to create / dispose a command service.  A possible use case would be to create the service once and let it handle all requests and only dispose if you want to take it down.  You are apparently creating one session per process instance, and disposing it after the process instance has been completed, which is also possible if that is what you want.  So the question on when to dispose a session is more about how long you would like to reuse the session.  Note that creating a new session from an existing rulebase is light-weight, so you shouldn't be too afraid from creating multiple session and disposing once in a while.

Kris