[rules-users] Coding up an "intersects" operator

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sun Feb 3 22:37:16 EST 2008

Dirk Bergstrom wrote:
> It looks like I'm going to need to implement the "intersects" operator for a
> project I'm working on.  As in "Does this collection share at least one element
> with that collection".
>
> Unfortunately, I'm going to need it in about two weeks.  Too bad I didn't plan
> ahead...
>
> So, if anyone can send me some pointers on where in the code I should be
> looking, I'd be very grateful.  I don't think it will be particularly difficult
> to write the actual code, but I'm worried that I'll never be able to figure out
> all the places in the codebase that I have to touch.
>
> A ways back, Edson said that I could use the work on "contains" as a model; is
> there a single subversion commit that lists all the files affected by that?

Much of our commits is tagged with JIRA IDs, but not all, so if you can
find the JIRA for that task, you might get lucky.

Your best bet is to just hang out on irc. We'll give you as much direct
mentoring there as you need, to get the job done, if its something we
can roll back into the project. irc.codehaus.org #drools