[rules-users] Is there any other remote interface like EJB or WS to call the BRMS RepositoryService (ServiceImplementation)

Wesley Akio Imamura wesley at accurate.com.br
Mon Feb 11 10:01:49 EST 2008

Hi,

I was present at Edson Tirelli presentation at Just Java 2007 in Brazil
and got impressed about drools and brms.
I'm implementing a mission critical application using drools+brms and
have some doubts that didn't find answers in the manuals or searching
the mailist archive.

We need the cluster servers both running drools and specially getting
updates 24x7.  I chose to use the RulesAgents and BRMS in order to have
dedicated servers to build the rules packages. I think that's the best
solution instead of implementing the administration and synchronization
from scratch, right ?

Configured JCR to use a oracle database for the rules repository. Can I
have a administration cluster with two or more servers running BRMS
(drools-jbrms.war) pointing to the same database ?
Is it cluster aware ?  It would be necessary to configure the rule agent
to point to 2 url's snapshots for the same package. I think it's a
problem...  If not, what would be the behavior ?

Another solution for clustering the brms I thought was to have a http
server or hardware pointing to a primary brms server. In case of failure
it switches to the stand by brms server. But I think the updates on the
primary brms would not be reflected on the stand by server, right ?

Is it possible to have the rule agent dynamically configured to point
the a new snapshot url instead of statically configuring the urls on the
properties file used by the rule agent ?

The brms manual says that it possíble to replace the GWT interface,
connecting directly to the RepositoryService (ServiceImplementation). I
saw that the ajax communicates with the GWTRemoteServiceServlet on the
server side. We don't need to replace the interface, but need a remote
interface in order to have one external system make calls to the
RepositoryService. Is there any other remote interface like web service
or remote ejb ? If not, what is the fastest solution to make remote calls ?

Thanks in advance,
Wesley.

--
Wesley Akio Imamura