Re[rules-users] te Tree view ... tutorial?

Noc2 hypnocrown at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 03:11:05 EST 2008

Anstis, Michael (M.) wrote:

> "2.4. Rete Algorithm" in the manual provides some insight.
>
> Let the group know whether this satisfies your curiosity - otherwise
> Google
> for "Dr. Charles Forgy" or RETE for detailed stuff.
>
> Don't forget Drools is based upon RETE but has many enhancements

Thanks for the quick reply. The manual was the first thing i read, and
although it provides some insight in the RETE tree view, it fails to clarify
exactly what i am looking at when i open the tree view. On the other hand, i
fail to apply succesfully the things that are explained in the manual
(concerning the rete tree ofc). Its like the information given in the manual
doesnt exactly match the things i see in the RETE tree view. To be more
specific, following the manual i should see some nodes, but the view gives
me a network with different nodes on unexpected places (unexpected from my
point of view ofc, i am still a newbie), and i want to know why that
particular node is places there, and what it represents.

I have also read some more on the RETE algorithm, and although it does give
other insights, i still have the same questions.

thanks for your reply. More suggestions are welcome.

Noc