[rules-users] Dynamically create rules in java

Brian Trezise Brian.Trezise at intellidata.net
Wed Feb 27 13:08:07 EST 2008

Is there a way to dynamically create rules in java?

Specifically, for a rule in the following general form I have a .txt list of
strings I want to match against and take actions upon.  I know I can make a
.drl out of this list without too much trouble; however the ideal case would
be to simply genearate and load the rules directly into the rulebase.  Is
this possible?  And if so, can you give me a simple example?

rule "name"
no-loop true
salience 0
	when
		sd : SmartDescription(description matches "string",
		possibleFamilyKeySet contains "some value",
		description : description);

	then
		*perform java actions*
end