[rules-users] Re: nqueens or puzzle16 problems -> drools-solver

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 05:10:18 EDT 2008

NQueens is one of the examples of drools-solver.
It isn't optimized because it's used to explain drools-solver in the
manual, so don't use it for benchmarking.

Drools-solver is a planning engine which combines the drools rule engine
for score calculation with the scalability of local search algorithms
(tabu search, simulated annealing, ...).

Drools-solver is an experimental module of 5.0.0.M1,
you can download it here:
   http://www.jboss.org/drools/downloads.html
And just run runExamples.sh/bat and pick nqueens.

The manual hasn't been released on the official site yet,
but you can find an outdated version here:
   http://users.telenet.be/geoffrey/tmp/solver/manual/html_single/
An up to date version is in subversion.

Feedback welcome :)