[rules-users] Rules 'firing' multiple times?

pramod george pramod_george at rediffmail.com
Tue Jul 8 05:57:36 EDT 2008

Hi all.
I have this question on drools rules and I'm not sure if this
is the right thinking?
I have a rule defined in a drl file:
when
    c: Emp_Crime_Record(DISPOSITION == "GUILTY");
then
    System.out.println("CriminalRecordRule fired...");
end

Here, if the table "Emp_Crime_Record" is got 5 rows that satisfy this condition ie:- DISPOSITION == "GUILTY", then does this rule get fired
5 times? Ie:- the sop gets printed 5 times?

For this, if there are a million records that satisfy this condition - then the firing happens a million times?

I would be greatful if this can be clarified?
Thanks a million!  :)

-Promod