[rules-users] LHS Conditional Syntax for drl - date comparison with objects

Costello, Robert rcost10 at searshc.com
Mon Jul 14 10:36:17 EDT 2008

I'm having a hard time understanding the syntax in the conditional or
left hand side of the DRL.  Is it acceptable to use dot notation in the
LHS?  Is there a better way to compare fields on different objects?

In the example below, I get an error "Unable to find class $d1.  What
limitations are there syntactically on the left hand side?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  I have looked at all the examples and
have googled the problem and don't seem to find the answer.

package com.rules

#list any import classes here.

import com.validate.Date1

import com.validate.Date2