[rules-users] Map using from constraint

Paul Ryan pryan at infotrustgroup.com
Wed Jul 16 18:57:30 EDT 2008

Sorry if this is a very basic question but does that mean that I have to set the dialect for the whole rule to MVEL. I ask because using the code below with the dialect left as default fails with an error about the square brackets. However my consequence code doesn't work with the dialect set as MVEL. All this means for me is that I will probably have to stick with my eval version of key checking but I just wanted to be sure.

import my.package.MyFact
import java.util.Map.Entry
rule "Find with map"
                when
                                $fact : MyFact($paramMap : paramMap)
                                $myValue : String() from $paramMap['mykey1']
                then
// Sudo code...
                                <use $myValue >
end