[rules-users] [Drools 4.0.7] JBRMS package dependencies and RuleAgent

Jones, Alan R alan.r.jones at boeing.com
Mon Jul 21 13:42:35 EDT 2008

Hi,

When compiling and deploying a package in JBRMS, it uses a bunch of jar
files in the JBRMS model. I have an axis2 web service that calls
RuleAgent in order to create a rulebase->working memory from this jbrms
package. However, though I do have all the classes that were in the
JBRMS model loaded in the lib of my web service, exceptions are thrown
during creation of the rulebase about those classes not being found.

Why is it not enough for the RuleAgent to have these classes loaded by
the web service? The only way to get this to work is to put the jars
used by jbrms model into the Axis2/lib, which is not right. I would like
RuleAgent to be able to use the jars loaded when the web service is
loaded from the service's (archive)  /lib directory.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

aj