[rules-users] count with nested condition

Yoni Mazar y.mazar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 07:53:14 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Our object deals with the clinical domain. We have a class LabEvent that
represents a visit in the laboratory. Each event is associated (using the
laboratoryResult association) with one or more LabResult objects (children),
each represents the results of a particular test.
in the rule LHS we want to express the following condition:
"At least two LabEvents in the last month, with a LabResult with value
greater than 1.8"
of note, the application asserts the LabEvent objects to the workingMemory.

in DRL we tried to write it as:
ArrayList(size>1) from collect(
LabEvent(eval( dateWithinLastMonths(effectiveTime,1)),
results:laboratoryResult)
LabResult( value >1.8) from results)

Of course, the problem is that collect expects a single pattern...

Does anyone has a simple idea how to express this business logic?

Thanks, Yoni