[rules-users] Performance Issue when multiple drl files loaded

Mehak mehak.kapoor at hewitt.com
Thu Mar 6 07:09:13 EST 2008

Hi
I have numerous .drl files that contain around 100 rules, in 5 packages.
Please tell me what can be an optimsed solution so that my application
performance is not made to suffer?
I should load all the drl files in and form a Rule Base. After this
depending on my application logic I go on picking up rules from the rule
base to be fired. How does drool sreach for the rule that I specify to be
fired using an agenda filter, does it search the entire Rule base for a
single rule or it has some optimization features?
Please let me know as I have many rules in my application and I want to
optimize searching for a given rule to be fired.
Waiting for an early response