[rules-users] Question on "or" rule syntax

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Tue May 13 15:01:48 EDT 2008

   The single binding for multiple OR'ed patterns is a special case and it
only supports infix OR:

pensioner : (Person( sex == "f", age > 60 )  or Person( sex == "m", age > 65
) )

    If the documentation is different, it requires fixing.

    []s
    Edson

2008/5/13 Brett M. Bergquist <brett at thebergquistfamily.com>:

> If I use this syntax for an "or" with binding:
>
> pensioner : (or Person( sex == "f", age > 60 )               Person( sex
> == "m", age > 65 ) )
>
> I get a compile error.  Is this syntax supported?
>
> I can successfully use this syntax:
>
> (or pensioner : Person( sex == "f", age > 60 )   pensioner : Person( sex
> == "m", age > 65 ) )
>
> which works okay but I was wondering if the documentation or
> implementation is incorrect.

Edson Tirelli
JBoss Drools Core Development
Office: +55 11 3529-6000