[rules-users] Multithreading Rulebase Parsing Threadsafe

Barry K barry.knapp at railinc.com
Wed May 14 16:51:38 EDT 2008

We have an application with 2 rules engines and we load the rules on startup.
Is creation of a rulebase threadsafe?
Can I load both rulebases using the code below concurrently in 4.07 ?

I encountered issues multithreading this in 4.01 but in prototyping for our
4.07 upgrade I have not encountered the same issues.

PackageBuilder builder = new PackageBuilder(pkgBuilderCfg);
builder.addPackageFromDrl( new StringReader(ruleset) );
RuleBase ruleBase = RuleBaseFactory.newRuleBase();

Thanks
Barry