[rules-users] Matching on instanceof without eval?

Barry Kaplan groups1 at memelet.com
Sat May 24 19:55:29 EDT 2008

Edson, I do not assert the Instruments, on the Positions which contains
multiple Instruments. I an trying to match Option Positions (ie, Positions
that contain one or more Option legs).

What I did was...

when
    position : Position(option : instrument, option.class ==
OptionInstrument)

...and this works correctly. Is the above more or less efficient than using
eval or the from-clause? It certainly is easier to read.

thanks!

-barry