[rules-users] DSL/DRL Problem

ringsah at comcast.net ringsah at comcast.net
Tue May 27 11:52:54 EDT 2008

Edson,

Thanks, I had looked at the special "-" character, and had considered doing something like you suggested. It's just that my colleagues had developed the "client is an adult" expression, and wanted to get reuse out of it, rather than doing something different for every situation where there was a person to be checked for adulthood, like for the spouse of the original client.

I know it doesn't make much sense, because its a different entity, perhaps with a relationship to the original entity. It's just that we are new to this, and we are not sure how complete the documentation is, and if there is some syntax we are missing that could be used in this situation.

Thanks,
-Hans
From: "Edson Tirelli" <tirelli at post.com>

   Do you mean like:

There is a client
   - which is adult
   - whose wife is adult

    Mapped to:

Client( age > 17, spouse.age > 17 )

    Take a look at the manual and check for the "-" special character.

    []s
    Edson