[rules-users] DROOLS from clause giving Error

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Fri Nov 7 17:10:41 EST 2008

   Drools 4.0.7 is the stable version where things just work! Drools 4 uses
MVEL 1.3. The error bellow means your "p" variable is not set. Are you
setting your global before asserting the facts???

   Drools 5.0M2 is a milestone release of the development version. If you
want to use Drools 5 development version we recommend you checkout and build
from trunk, because a lot of things were developed/fixed **after** M2 was
released. Drools 5 requires MVEL 2.0.1.

   []s
   Edson